Q: How much time do we need to quote?
A: 24 to 48 hours after we receive your inquiry.
Q: I would like to get a quotation but the product is protected by patent. Is there a guarantee that my idea will be protected if I send it to you?
A: Yes, we can sign a non-disclosure agreement before you send us any data.
Q: What do you need to make a quotation?
A: We have four requirements:
1. A 2D product drawing, or 3D model data file, or product sample. If none of these are available, we would require a sketch with the most critical dimensions of the product.
2. Plastic type and grade.
3. What the product is, and the performance requirements.
4. Estimated quantity of the product needed in a period of time (i.e. one month), and total units.
Q: How long does it take to build an injection mold?
A: It varies, depending on product size and mold complexity. Generally small to middle size molds are built with a 35 day lead time.
Q: I would like to have my mold delivered earlier than was quoted. Is it possible?
A: Yes, depending on work load it is some times possible to advance the delivery a few days.
Q: Is it possible, without a visit in your company, to know whether my mold is on schedule?
A: Yes, we can supply a detailed mold-build schedule and weekly reports. The reports will contain digital pictures showing the progression of the work.
Q: What is the life expectancy of molds?
A: Mold life depends on the kind of tooling steel used, the precision of mold building, and mold maintenance quality during production. Usually plastic injection molds can stand without a problem for 250 thousand cycles. The life expectancy can be lengthened or shortened by choosing the appropriate SPI mold classification (Society of Plastics Industry).
Q: How do you make a quotation?
A: The SPI classification, the product's structure, materials used, number of cavities, and mold size influences the price. We make our quotations on the above mentioned specifications.YongMIng team will provide a detailed calculation of all the costs in our quotation.
Q: What kind of payment conditions do you accept?
A: We accept standard payment conditions - that is: 50% deposit with PO, 30% on mold trials and 20% on mold delivery. These conditions may be adjusted, particularly in case of larger contracts.
Q:What size molds can you manufacture?
A: Using the facilities we have available we can make molds of various sizes, up to 30 tons.
Q: What if I want to make changes to the mold at a later date?
A: Contact us, changes can always be made.
Q: I do not have a drawing of my product only a general idea how it will look. Can you help design and build the mold?
A: Yes, we have access to design engineers.
Procedure For Mold Building
1. Part design internal review
2. DFM (Design for Manufacturing) report
3. Final mold design review and approval by customer
4. Steel hardness inspection
5. Mold base inspection
6. Electrodes inspection before EDM
7. Part dimension inspection after each process
8. Mold standard parts receiving inspection
9. Pre-assembly inspection
10. Mold trial inspection report
11. Trial samples inspection
12. Mold shipment final inspection
13. Export mold packaging inspection
QC Procedure For Injection Molding
1. Mold inspection
2. Resin reception inspection
3. Product aesthetic inspection
4. Product dimensional inspection
5. Assembly inspection
6. Secondary process inspection
7. Packaging inspection
8. Final inspection